If you were offered a job to work in Afghanistan would you take it?
I assume most of you would say no in a heartbeat. As for me, I am really considering it. I would be working for a college that provides educational opportunities for servicemen to gain an education while deployed. I would basically be an academic adviser.
Here is a list of reasons why I should go:
1) An Adventure (I've been studying the Middle East this last semester and I think it what be neat to be able to go there).
2) I wouldn't be on the front line. I would be on the base, totally safe. So my overall safety would not be a concern.
3) I would be making good money that could help pay off a good chunk of my student loans.
4) My training would be in Germany for about a month. BOMB!
5) It would only be for 6 months. Afterward, with the money I was able to earn and save while working I could easily travel Europe. (It will probably be winter, so I would probably stick to the Mediterranean).
6) I think this could be a good missionary opportunity.
7) Also I've really been wanting an experience that will help me grow as an individual and become stronger. I believe this could definitely help me achieve such a thing.
Here are some cons:
1) I would probably be gone for Christmas (but it's not like I haven't done that before).
2) I would be in Afghanistan, so there is always some risk involved. Again, I would only be on the base.
3) I would be working 77 hours a work. SUCKS!!! But then again it's only for 6 months. Also I think working all those hours would be kind of an honor. In a sense I would be giving back to the many soldiers that serve our nation.
Those are my thoughts on the matter. Decisions. Decisions.