Sunday, May 2, 2010

whip it!


Well my new addiction is rollerskating. Two months ago I went rollerskating at my friend Desi's B-Day party and I was shocked of how difficult rollerskating was compared to rollerblading.  I think part of the difficulty came from using the cheapest skates they had at the rink. I think in the past 2 weeks I have gone skating 4 times and my love for it is growing each day. 



I can now do a crossover like this chica.  It's fun because each time I go I get better.
Last Saturday we went to check out the tryouts for this roller derby league in Utah. I must say it was one of the funnest things I've done in a long time. Come to find out there is even a mens league in Utah. I thought I would be too small to be in Roller Derby. But after talking to Honey (the woman that runs the league) she explained that my height could be an advantage because I could maneuver around 300 pound men easily. So my new goal is to tryout for the mens league in a couple of months.  Honey said that if we practiced twice a week for a month or two we would become good enough skaters to tryout. 







ROLLER DERBY HERE I COME!
P.S. If you haven't seen the movie Whip It, you need to, ASAP!
 

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Garrett this is way cool! You definitely don't live a dull life. Love it.