Monday, October 4, 2010

♥ 2 ♥

Last night after a really fun dinner I had at my place, my friend Aimee and I went on a walk. We had quite the deep conversation about life. I was reminded of some quotes from one of the most incredible women in fashion, Diane von Furstenberg.

"You're always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company."

"The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself. Because no matter what happens, you will always be with yourself."

Sure our relationships with others are vital but like she said it is important to have a relationship with ourselves, as weird as that sounds. From a religious point of view, obviously the relationship that should take precedent above all others, is our relationship with God. I believe as our relationship with God is strengthened it is only natural that our relationship with our self strengthens. 

No comments: